Modern Deck™ uses the latest technology in machinery and materials with its fully capped Co-Extrusion outer shell that has a unique lightly embossed realistic 3D anti-slip wood grain pattern which also provides the ultimate protection for the composite core.
The latest technology in Composite decking,
Modern Deck™ Superior hard shell solid decking!
Modern Deck™ is made from a new type of material made by mixing wood powder with HDPE (high density polyethylene) and other chemical additives. Modern Deck™ is safe, environmentally responsible alternative new material that is Eco Friendly and Maintenance Free. Modern Deck™ is made from 90% recycled materials with the main material wood powder being sourced from wood offcuts and waste from manufacturing factories and recycled plastic also sourced from factory and household waste.
• No Maintenance costs of any kind
• 25 Year limited warranty
• Solid boards (not hollow)
• Full 360° capping for superior protection
• 3D Anti slip wood grain
• Realistic colours and grain
• Will not crack, warp, rot or twist
• Free stainless steel clips and screws
• Superior scratch resistance
• Superior stain resistance
• Superior fade resistance
• Superior mould resistance
• Termite resistant
• Weather resistant
Modern Deck™ is a solid board available in 8 popular colours, with 2 colours on each board (one on each side)
that complement each other. This gives you a final choice of colour prior to installation or to have a feature
border around the deck. Modern Deck™ comes in a 140mm x 22mm x 5400mm sized board – the longest
available on the market.
IMPORTANT POINTS PRIOR TO INSTALLATION:
1. Slight colour and surface differences may occur due to difference in raw materials used in manufacturing; this ensures your deck has a natural
2. Please take care when handing, installing and storing your Modern Deck™ boards like all WPC products it will scratch if sharp or heavy
objects are dragged across the surface. The Co-extrusion super hard shell that surrounds the core is susceptible to scratching and chipping if care is not taken like all WPC products. One way to remove scratches is with a wire brush or scouring pad, rubbing in the same direction as the grain.
3. It is necessary to acclimatise the decking boards on site for 48 hours before installation. Lay the boards out on the deck frame to allow the temperature to adjust to each individual board so at the time of fixing in place the correct board length is achieved. This is necessary as WPC decking expands and contracts length ways up to 1-1.5% of the length of the board depending on the different weather conditions. Lengths over 5.4m in extreme conditions can expand as much as 8mm as the board heats up and cools down. We recommend that on hot days you fix the boards down early in the morning,installing boards in direct sunlight on hot days may result in excess gapping when the boards cool down. Please refer to the spacing specifications at end of this document.
4. Due to the expansion and contraction (length ways) of WPC decking with changes in temperature throughout the day we
recommend using a breaker board for decks longer than 5.4m that require butt joints. This will avoid having uneven butt joints randomly spread across your deck. For example if your deck was 7.5m long divide the deck into 3 equally spaced areas of 2.5m each with a breaker board between each area. Running a board 5.4m with a butt join at the end will require a 7mm space between any butt joints at 20°C