Originating from Northern Wood
Nordic Redwood comes from the northern region of Finland and is made by one of Finland’s largest private timber processing companies. Northern Finland is famous for its high quality, slow grown softwood timbers.
The timber of the North grows slowly under very demanding conditions, which makes it an excellent raw material for building purposes. Nordic Redwood, manufactured from solid, densely-grained pine and spruce timbers,, contains a wide range of different glued timber products for construction. The products comprise two or more pieces glued together wither vertically or horizontally in accordance with the customer’s demands.
Nordic redwood users Koppers Celcure C4 preservative system (celcurised Timber) is based on an effective combination of copper and organic co-bioticides. Such systems have provided proven performance for well over 12 years in locations throughout Europe, North America, Australia and Japan. Celcure timber is pressure treated to force the preservative deep into the wood structure providing protection where it matters. Wood treated in this way is suitable for Use classes UC1, UC2, UC3 and UC4 including fencing, timber decking, landscaping timber and construction timbers.
Installation and Care
To protect your warranty and ensure long in-service life of this product please observe the following guidelines:
1. In keeping with good building practice, ALL timber posts (including treated Radiata Pine) where used in near or in contact with the ground must be the “in ground end” coated with a bituminous or similar paint prior to installation or a post sleeve. Abbey Timber carry’s a range of end Seal Products.
2. Any surface exposed to drilling or cutting mist be recoated/resealed with an end preservative e.g. Ecoseal H3 above ground sealant.
3. Care must be taken to avoid Clecure C4 treatred products coming in contact with aluminium.
4. Always use coated fixings such as galvanised or coated hardware to prevent rusting and staining of the final product.
5. As with all timber product, proper periodic maintenance will enhance its performance and lifespan.